- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On May 17, 2010 @ 5:29 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,Garden,Recipes,rice,Side Dish | 27 Comments
So I looked out the kitchen window and noticed that the cilantro had almost reached the height of the child rabbit fence around my square foot gardening planters. I knew cilantro grew quickly, but didn’t think it would really grow THAT quickly.
Quick…how can I start using this up. And pronto!!!
How about mixed into brown rice with some lime juice for a little extra flavor?!?
(I’m leaving you with just this for tonight…a complete meal with this lip smackingly delicious rice…coming soon to a frugal food website near you.)
Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 45 to 50 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice ($.40)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice ($.10)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder ($.05)
- Cilantro, use your discretion (free from the garden)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add the brown rice, lime juice, olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Return to a boil, then cover, reduce heat and cook for 45 to 50 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Chop cilantro.
- Once the rice has cooked, add the garlic powder, chopped cilantro and more salt and pepper to taste. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Serve Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice with favorite Mexican dish.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/cilantrolime-brown-rice-5-dinner-challenge/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.