- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Beefy Mac Soup – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On October 5, 2009 @ 3:42 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,Beef,Pasta,Recipes,Soup | 5 Comments
Starting next week, I’ll start to highlight the $5 Dinners that you all have been making in your kitchens! You all have come up with some stellar meals, and I can’t wait to share them!!!
About 1 lb. ground chuck ($1.67) On sale this week for $1.67/lb!!!
1/2 yellow onion, chopped ($.15)
6 cups of water
1 cup pasta noodles ($.15) Still using up my $.50 boxes of pasta!
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes ($.59)
2 carrot sticks, peeled and diced ($.20)
1 celery stalk, diced ($.10)
1 green pepper, seeded and diced (from the garden)
1 red pepper, seeded and diced (from a friend’s garden!) Thanks!!!
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ($.75) I omitted this part to keep the soup dairy free, but think it would be a great addition!
2 tsp Italian seasonings ($.10)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 large butternut squash ($1.11) On sale for $.49/lb the other week!
1 mini French loaf ($.20) This is the last of my manager’s special loaf breads!
Butter and jam ($.20)
1. Cook butternut squash .
2. In a large saucepan, brown the ground chuck with the chopped onion. Drain and return to saucepan.
3. To the ground chuck, add water, diced tomatoes, diced carrots, diced celery, diced peppers, and the Italian seasonings. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, and then add the pasta. Cook for another 10-15 minutes and reduce heat to low until its time to serve. (Don’t let the soup “sit” too long on the stove, as the pasta will overcook and get mushy!)
4. Slice and warm bread and serve with butter and jam.
5. Serve Beefy Mac Soup with Butternut Squash and slices of French bread.
Cost $4.46 without the cheese, $5.21 with the cheese!
Want healthy and inexpensive meal ideas, the hottest coupons and other money saving tips delivered to your inbox??? Sign up for the FREE $5 Dinners Email Newsletter !
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here . To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/beefy-mac-sou/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Cook butternut squash: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/09/how-to-bake-butternut-squash.html
 FREE $5 Dinners Email Newsletter: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=5Dinners
 here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/5-dinner-challenge.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.