- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Beef, Snap Pea and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On June 25, 2009 @ 6:01 pm In Beef,Garden,Gluten Free,Recipes,rice | 13 Comments
Here’s the deal on proteins…I try to keep our protein source under $2.50 for each meal, as I can typically get in a starch and veggies for less than $2.50 to round out the meal at $5…so when I come across a gem like this at the store, I’m sure to snag it up! $1.85 for a package of stirfry beef, and I can certainly make a stirfry meal for less than $5!
Also, I used snap peas from the garden! I love to munch on them as I pick them, but thought stirfrying would be best for a meal!
Would love to hear your favorite ways to use your snap peas from your garden!
1 cup uncooked brown rice ($.40)
.6 lb. stirfry beef ($1.85)
4 Tbsp sesame oil, divided ($.50)
1 tsp rice vinegar ($.05)
1 Tbsp soy sauce ($.10)
Few cracks of garlic pepper grinder (free) Bought on sale for $1 with $.50 coupon that doubled to $1 = FREE!
1 large broccoli head, about 1/2 lb. ($.69)
1-2 cups of fresh snap peas (free from the garden)
1. In medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups of water to boil. Add 1 cup of uncooked brown rice, return water to boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes, or until brown rice has softened.
2. Marinate stirfry beef strips in 2 Tbsp sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and cracked garlic pepper.
3. Add 1 Tbsp sesame oil to skillet and heat until steams. Toss in broccoli and snap peas with the hot oil for about 30 seconds to a minute.
4. Add 3/4 cups of water to the broccoli and snap peas. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes.
5. Drain water and set aside on a plate.
6. Add marinated beef and onion to same skillet.
7. Stirfry on high heat for 4-5 minutes or until beef has cooked through and onions become translucent.
8. Toss steamed broccoli and snap peas with the cooked beef and onions. Stirfry on high heat for 2-3 minutes, tossing sauces and ingredients together.
9. Serve Beef, Snap Pea and Broccoli Stirfry over Brown Rice.
P.S. I’m feeling much better! Thank you for your kind emails, thoughts and prayers! Thankfully it seemed to be just a 24 hour bug that took me about 48 hours to recover from! But boy, I thought I was gonna be out for days that first few hours!!!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/beef-snap-pea-and-broccoli-stir-fry/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.