- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Beef Roast for Company
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On February 16, 2010 @ 6:53 pm In Beef,Potatoes,Recipes | 3 Comments
Company is coming for dinner. And all you can think about is…do I have enough $$$ in this week’s budget to make a nice meal for our dinner guests??!!??
If you’re on a tight budget, but want to splurge a bit…to make a nice meal for your friends…but not without compromising your budget! Here you go…
This could be a meal in and of itself…but with a side salad, it’s complete!
2.7 lb beef round roast ($5.90) On sale $2.49/lb.
6 medium white potatoes ($.80)
2 onions, cut into quarters ($.40)
4 large carrots ($.40)
1 tsp of green spice…basil or oregano or Italian seasonings or combo ($.05)
1 tsp garlic powder ($.05)
Salt and pepper
1 can of diced tomatoes ($.19)
Side salad with tomatoes and dressing ($2)
1. Place beef roast in roasting pan with fat side up. (I did not sear this roast, but would highly recommend that for a more moist beef.) Add quartered potatoes, onions and carrots around the roast. Sprinkle with green spice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2. Insert meat thermometer.
3. Pour can of petite diced red tomatoes over the roast. Place lid on roasting pan.
4. Roast at 325 for 2-2.5 hours, or until meat thermometer reads how you want your roast done.
5. Prepare salad.
6. Serve Beef Roast, Potatoes, Carrots with Side Salad.
Serves 6-8 adults
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/beef-roast-company/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 the site’s disclosure policy: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/04/disclosure-policy.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.