I made these the other night…I made an extra trip to the store to get the ingredients needed for this morning’s news segment…and spotted some $.99 whole mushrooms. I see them often for $.99 in the mark down basket in the produce section. I found more this morning…sliced this time. I don’t typically buy extra food when I’m getting food for news segments, but I couldn’t pass these up!
(Gonna have to change the menu plan to incorporate some of the marked down goodies I found this morning!)
This is simple.
- Stew beef.
- Whole mushrooms.
- Green peppers.
- Steak seasoning.
Simple…but oh, so yummy!
Beef and Mushroom Kebabs
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- About 1 lb. stew beef ($2.48) Manager’s Special
- 1 box whole mushrooms ($.99) Manager’s Special
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces  ($.60) Part of the loot from the farmer’s market 
- Steak seasoning (free) Used $1 coupon with $1 sale price
- 1 large yellow squash ($.50) From the farmer’s market the other week
- 1 cup rice ($.20)
- Wash and dry the mushrooms.
- Cut the green peppers.
- Skewer the meat, mushrooms and peppers. Sprinkle with steak seasoning. (Or marinate with a favorite beef marinade.) Grill for a few minutes on each side, or until beef is cooked to your liking.
- Steam-saute the yellow squash .
- Cook the rice as directed while the kebabs are chilling on the grill.
- Serve Beef and Mushroom Kebabs over Rice with Steam Sauteed Yellow Squash.