A delicious and light soup with zucchini and chicken! A favorite that is sure to warm your tummy!
Servings: 4 persons
- 1.5 Chicken Breasts, cubed ($1.50)
- 4 cups chicken stock (Free...I freeze leftover juices/stock from when I cook chicken in the crockpot!)
- 2 zucchini, chopped ($.99)
- 1 can tomatoes ($.70)
- 1 cup uncooked rice ($.20)
- 1/2 onion, chopped ($.30)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ($.10)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 sweet potatoes ($1.19 )
- Add chicken stock, rice, cubed chicken breasts, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, garlic and salt & pepper to stock pot or slow cooker.
- Let simmer an hour on the stove or cook on high for 6 hours.
- Serve with cooked sweet potatoes (1/2 per person).