Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
This is one of those meals that I’ll make on a day when I know we’ll be at the pool all afternoon and I need a delicious meal to serve the boys.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 to 1 1/4 lbs.)
- couple dashes Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: 1/4 cup red cooking wine
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Side dish: dinner rolls, pasta or rice
Place the chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker and season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup red cooking wine around the chicken, optional.
Add the sliced onion and bell peppers over the top of the chicken.
Then pour the crushed tomatoes over the top and add Italian seasoning and a little more salt and pepper.
Set slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
Just before dinner, prepare the bread, pasta or rice.
Serve Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore with preferred side.