Pin Recipe Save Recipe Recipe Saved!
Let it slow cook the day away, then you just shred the chicken with 2 forks and spoon it all into flour or corn tortillas, taco shells, or onto a pile of rice. YUMMMMM-ilicious!
Servings - 4 servings
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ripe mangoes seeded and sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped cilantro; as optional garnish
- 1 cup brown rice or serve as tacos in corn tortillas
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
Add the chicken breasts, sliced mango, salsa, salt and pepper to slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup of water and set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
Cook rice, as directed on package, if using.
Prepare optional garnish.
Serve Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Chicken topped with optional cilantro over rice with veggies or as tacos in corn tortillas.
To Freeze: add chicken breasts, sliced mango, salsa and salt and pepper to plastic freezer baggie. Thaw in bowl of water and slow cook as directed.