Pin Recipe Save Recipe Recipe Saved!
Sweet, tangy and delightful!
Servings - 4 servings
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper
- Dinner rolls or rice, as side dish
Place the chicken breasts into the base of the slow cooker with 1/2 cup of water. (I like to add water to the slow cooker when using BBQ sauce to keep the sauce from burning on the edges of the slow cooker insert.)
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the BBQ sauce and juices from the can of pineapple. Pour over the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Top with the pineapple chunks and bell pepper pieces. Sprinkle in a little salt and pepper.
Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
Prepare rice or dinner rolls as sides.
Serve Slow Cooker Caribbean Chicken with side of rolls or rice.