Chicken Fajita Nachos
Juicy chicken on top of chips with all your favorite toppings!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 2-3 peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning, or store bought fajita seasoning
- Tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, optional toppings
- Fresh fruit, baby carrots or other simple side dish
Thaw the pre-cooked and shredded chicken, or grilled chicken. If need be, saute 2 chicken breasts in oil until cooked through, then slice.
In a large skillet, heat the oil and then toss in the sliced peppers and onion. Saute for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onions begin to turn opaque. Add in the chicken with the taco seasoning and saute together for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
To serve, place tortilla chips on the plate or bowl, top with the chicken-pepper mixture, then add a pinchful of shredded cheese.
Serve Chicken Fajita Nachos with sides of guacamole, or salsa, or sour cream with side of fresh fruit or veggies.