Grilled Bratwurst with Homemade Kale Barbecue Slaw
Nothing quite like fresh, homemade slaw!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 package bratwurst (about 5 links)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cabbage, green or red
- 1/2 cup kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, roasted and unsalted
- 2 Tbsp cashews, roasted and unsalted, chopped
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- Hot dog buns, for serving
In a saucepan, combine the water, bratwurst, and onion slices. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Internal temperature should reach at least 165 degrees.
While the brats are simmering prepare the slaw. Combine all remaining ingredientsin a medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until brats are completed.
Transfer brats to a hot grill to add some smoky flavor. Turn after 3 - 4 minutes to brown on both sides.
Serve the Grilled Bratwursts on a bun with mustard or your favorite condiments with the homemade Kale BBQ Slaw.