It’s been great experimenting with new soups and coming up with various side dishes that nicely complement the soup. This is the last soup of “Soup Week.”
Be sure to check out some of the recipes from this week’s $5 Dinner Challenge. There are some good ones!!! Hubs and I are going on a date Saturday night and I’ll be on a “computer fast” for a bit. I’ll be back Sunday night 🙂
The turkey I made last Saturday in the crockpot has been stretched to the max. 3 meals, several lunches. Tonight’s soup is the turkey’s final harrah!
Recipe adapted from Gluten Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 2 cups cooked and diced turkey ($1.29)
- 2 cups turkey broth (free) I made it last week and froze it into Ziplocs.
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 cups milk ($.10) I used rice milk.
- 2 cups frozen corn or 1 can creamed corn ($.75)
- 2 small potatoes, finely diced ($.15)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped ($.15)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Salt and Pepper
- Sour cream to garnish ($.25) (not if GFCFSF!!)
- GF Cornbread ($1) Saved in freezer from last week
- 2 cup frozen broccoli ($.75)
- Dice cooked turkey. Add broth, water and turkey to large saucepan. Add corn or creamed corn, diced potatoes and onion. Cook on medium high for 10 minutes.
- Add milk and 2 tsp cornstarch to thicken soup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook 10 more minutes. Set on low until ready to serve.
- Make favorite cornbread recipe.
- Cook broccoli according to package instructions.
- Serve turkey chowder with sour cream garnish along side cornbread and broccoli.