It’s what we’re talking about this week on Grow. Eat. $ave! Stuffed Tomatoes to be exact…
Got an over abundance of tomatoes?!? Looking for a cool, light and refreshing side…or even a main dish dinner?!? Well, stuffed tomatoes are THE way to go!
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- About 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a cone around the stem bud of the tomato to cut out the center portion. Scoop out the seeds. (So it won't be so "runny" when you fork into it.)
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the avocado, onion, jalapeno, crushed garlic, ground cumin and lemon juice. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Stuff the Spicy Avocado Salad into the Tomatoes.
Grilled Stuffed Orange Tomatoes with Black Olives and Provencal Goat Cheese
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 to 8 minutes
- 4 orange tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, provencal flavor
- Cut a cone around the stem bud of the tomato to cut out the center portion.Â Scoop out the seeds.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the black olive slices and the goat cheese and stuff into the awaiting tomatoes.
- Place the stuffed tomatoes on a hot grill and grill for about 5-8 minutes, or until goat cheese gets oozy…and the tomato skin begins to wrinkle.
Are you drooling yet?!?
More Tomato Stuffing Ideas:
- Tuna Salad
- Savory Chicken Salad
- Corn and Black Bean Salsa
Do you have a favorite filling for Stuffed Tomatoes?!