Because it’s just too hot to have a fire here in the summer.
I know this isn’t true for everyone…especially my friends who live up north. Summer evenings are perfect for campfires and s’mores!
But if you live in the south like yours truly and the thought of a campfire in the summer makes you want to melt, you can do this instead.
A s’mores dip. Made in the slow cooker.
I recommend making this in a small “dipper” type of slow cooker.
But if you don’t have one, you can place a small dish inside your slow cooker.
(Details on that below.)
This is an amazing summer dessert and super fun treat for your kiddos. (And yourself too!)
If you’re going to make this and set it out for little hands to get their own treats out of the bowl, be sure to watch closely (or spoon onto a small plate for them) as the serving dish will be hot!
NOTE: If you have a mini slow cooker, then this is a perfect recipe for it! A normal sized slow cooker is too deep to reach into to dip, especially for little hands. So, I’ve written the directions out to use a small dish that will fit inside your normal slow cooker. This way you can remove the dish to serve.
Slow Cooker S’mores Dip
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 65 minutes on low
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 box graham crackers
- Spray a 1- 2 quart casserole dish (that will fit in your slow cooker) with non-stick cooking spray. Add chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla in the pan and stir.
- Place the casserole pan in the slow cooker and cover with the slow cooker lid.
- Heat on low for 45 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the slow cooker and stir.
- Option 1: Add a layer of marshmallows and return to slow cooker for about 20 minutes, or until marshmallows are slightly melted and gooey. OR
- Option 2: Preheat broiler, top the melted chocolate mixture with the marshmallows, and broil the baking dish for 1 minute until the marshmallows are lightly golden brown on top.
- Serve S’mores Dip with graham crackers.
Note: melting the marshmallows in the slow cooker will not brown them, so if you really want the browned look and taste, then you’ll need to use the broiler as directed above.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Slow Cooker Supplies:
- Crockpot 6 quart Programmable Touch Screen ~ Great price for great slow cooker!
- All Clad 7 qt ~ A great slow cooker with a cast aluminum insert that can brown meat on the stove top and then go straight into the slow cooker. One dish dinner!
- Crockpot 6 quart programmable ~ Slow Cooker with WeMo, a free smartphone app.
- Instant Pot, 6 qt ~ reasonably priced instant pot, if time = money, then you need this in your kitchen.
- Slow Cooker Liners ~ because less mess equals more fun in the summer sun!
See all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals