Simple Lunch Ideas for Homeschooling Families
I understand the importance of simple lunch ideas. Simplicity is my jam, and so is feeding my kiddos healthful meals. While we don’t homeschool, I have MUCH MUCH MUCH respect and admiration for those moms and dads who are called to homeschool. With that, I’ve asked a homeschooling friend to share a few ideas and thoughts with you…
Life gets crazy when you are trying to homeschool whether its multiple children or just one. When it comes to balancing things, you may just want to throw your hands up and give up! However, these simple lunch ideas for homeschooling families will make it just a little less chaotic!
Toasted Peanut Butter and Jelly and Bananas
PB&J gets old every day of the week. Not only does it get old to make, but eventually the kids get tired of it. Spice up your PB&J by toasting the bread so the peanut butter melts together with the jelly. Slice up bananas into thin slices and put them between the PB&J for a healthy yet fun twist! It’s simple too.
- Or try Peanut Butter Pita Bread (or Tortilla) Rollups!
- Or skip the bread and go for a delicious Apple Peanut Butter Sandwich.
Crackers, Cheese, and Lunch Meat
Lunchables are simple lunches, but they can get pricey and aren’t necessarily nutritious. Instead of getting Lunchables at the store, make your own. Cut up cubes of cheese, slices of lunch meat, and add some crackers for a homemade, nutritious lunchable.
- My kids love these Homemade Lunchables!
Making quesadillas doesn’t have to take a lot of work, and you can make it without cooking any chicken. Next, to the tuna, you will find canned white chicken. Get two soft flour tortillas, put some shredded cheese on top, add the canned chicken, and top with the other tortilla. Cook for 30-seconds to 1-minute making sure cheese is fully melted. If your kids like a little spice, a few drops of red hot before you heat transforms it into a delectable meal.
While you are switching over the laundry, finishing some dishes, or quickly grading papers, let the kids make their own lunch. You can find individual pizza crust bowls at the store. Grab some pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and a few packages of pepperoni. The kids will love it, and all you have to do is plop them in the oven for 10-minutes.
Crescent Roll Dogs
No buns? No worries! Cut your hot dogs in half and roll them up into crescent rolls just as you would roll the crescent roll without a dog. Kids love these simple dogs and will eat them up. If you have things to do, let the kids roll up their own hot dogs and pop them in the oven.
- See more details on making Crescent Roll Dogs here.
And, here are a few more easy lunch ideas for kids:
- Homemade Frozen Fruit Cups
- Freezer PB&J
- Make Ahead Freezer Smoothies
- Pita Chips & Hummus
- 16 Freezer Friendly Lunch Recipes ~ these will work for the entire family!
When it comes to making lunch, it doesn’t have to be a gourmet meal for the kids to love it.
What other simple lunch ideas do you have? Share some of your kid’s favorite lunches in the comments!
BONUS: Don’t miss out on my exclusive $5 Dinners coupon code for the Teach Them Diligently Homeschool Conference below…
The Teach Them Diligently team knows and understands my heart to help and minister to busy, stressed out moms (and dads), and I’m honored to get to speak and share how I manage my time in the kitchen and save loads on groceries, as a busy working mom.
I will be speaking about the following:
- Staying One Step Ahead of Your Hungry Family with “Time Blocks” – They say that the kitchen is the heart of home and that is certainly true in our home. I think that planning “time blocks” in the kitchen is one of the most important keys to keeping my home running smoothly, keeping “one step ahead” of myself, and not feeling like I’m drowning as I keep up with the never ending food needs of my 4 boys.
- The Grocery Budget Formula Workshop – A look at the 5 mistakes that you might be making in the grocery store, plus a formula to help you calculate how much you should be spending on groceries – to help encourage and inspire you to spend less on groceries!
Teach Them Diligently Convention is perfect for you if…
- You are a veteran home educator who needs encouragement along the way.
- You are just embarking on your homeschool journey and seeking confidence and education.
- You are considering home education for your family or wondering if God will call your family to home educate in the future.
- You are a Christian family seeking a wonderful marriage/parenting/discipleship retreat.
- You desire to be Set Free from the unreasonable expectations you or others have put on you.
Teach Them Diligently is distinct in its approach– by focusing on the entire family and all the roles homeschool parents play. We are more than educators. We are first and foremost spouses and parents. We have a ton of sessions that equip and encourage in those roles as well as having many sessions on academic, homeschool organization, foundation, etc.
TTD Dates & Locations…
- Rogers, Arkansas ~ March 23 – 25
- Nashville, Tennessee ~ March 30 – April 1
- Sandusky, Ohio ~ April 20 – 22
- Atlanta, Georgia ~ May 11 – 13
I, for one, can’t wait to be there and meet you!
If you haven’t yet, you can register for Teach Them Diligently HERE and use 5DOLLARDINNERS coupon code to save on your family’s registration!