Simple Green Meals Cookbook Review!
I’ve been chomping at the bit to tell you about my friend Jen’s new cookbook – Simple Green Meals. She’s the mastermind behind Simple Green Smoothies and is on a mission to help you with your health and wellness, both through her amazing smoothies and challenges, as well as through her new meals cookbook – Simple Green Meals!
As a busy mom, I’m always looking for something simple for my kids, but also super healthy! I need fast, delicious and packed with nutrition and this cookbook hits them all perfectly!
And Jen Hansard is THE PERSON who I want telling me what’s best. She is such a joy, and her story will inspire you to no end!
Check out our interview on FB live…
We talk about how Simple Green Smoothies got started, the crazy adventure Jen recently took and how smoothies fueled her along, and how YOU CRAVE WHAT YOU EAT, and MORE! Be inspired as you watch…
Because we love tacos, any and all kinds of tacos, we decided to give Jen’s Austinite tacos a whirl —-> HUGE HIT!! Even the orange cauliflower. (I’ll admit, I was a bit nervous about this one, but I chopped up the pieces small enough that they went unnoticed.)
In SIMPLE GREEN MEALS, Jen’s philosophy is simple: eat more plants, however and whenever you want—no more restrictive dieting, counting calories, or fad-diet programs. This book is packed with easy, delicious, and wholesome meals for the whole family (even meat-eating husbands)! It also has tips on meal prep, advice for shopping, and more than 100 new vegetarian recipes, Jen’s new book is the ultimate guide to wholesome, flavorful, plant-powered living.
The Berry Sunshine Salad is on my “lunch list” for this next week too!
We can all use a little more encouragement to eat simpler and healthier! Look no further than this cookbook!
A few of the nourishing new recipes in SIMPLE GREEN MEALS include:
❖ Salted Caramel Bites loaded with protein, fiber, and natural sweetness
❖ Berry Sunshine Salad, a colorful mix of fun, fresh ingredients like strawberries, sliced almonds, and baby arugula
❖ Garden Burgers paired with Baked Veggie Fries and Homemade Ketchup
❖ Lemon-Poppy Seed Cake served with Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream and fresh berries
❖ Quinoa Corn Muffins dripping with honey or topped with Strawberry Vanilla Chia Jam
❖ Austinite Cauliflower BBQ Tacos with Simple Cashew Slaw
❖ Vanilla Vegan Cupcakes with Fudge or Vegan Strawberry Frosting
Jen’s recipe are delicious, nutritious, and certain to be a hit with your family!
BETTER YET – Grab BOTH of Jen’s Cookbooks – the Simple Green Smoothies Cookbook AND Simple Green Meals!
Recipe from: Simple Green Meals Cookbook
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Note from Jen: Austin, Texas, is one of my favorite cities, thanks to the great music, the variety of healthy foods available, its natural landscape, and the fact that my awesome aunt and uncle live there. When I created this recipe, it just felt like it had an Austin flair going on, so I named it after that city.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- Salt and pepper
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup BBQ sauce, plus more for serving
- 12 organic corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup simple Coleslaw
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Garnish: Avocado slices, sliced scallions, diced tomatoes, jalapeno slices, or whatever your favorite taco toppings
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the cauliflower, sweet potato, and onion on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and toss to coat. Season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the chickpeas. Drizzle the BBQ sauce over everything and toss to coat. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- To serve, spoon the BBQ filling into the tortillas and top each with a spoonful of the coleslaw, a sprinkling of cilantro, avocado slices, scallions, tomatoes, and any additional BBQ sauce you’d like.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!