All I’m going to say is this: please make these with your kids. You’ll have the best time…making a mess, and making memories. My boys love to bake with me, and they especially love when M&Ms are involved…and pretzels too!
(If you kids are old enough to make these themselves, then make sure you claim half of the pan before they start making them. You know, to reward yourself for the many times you helped your kids learn to cook and bake! LOL!!!)
Have a blast making these with/for your little people!
Pretzel M&M Cookie Bars
Yield – 16 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4s cup M&M candies, divided
- 2 1/4 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking soda together. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars on medium speed in a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add half of the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Scrape down sides of your bowl and add remaining flour beating until just combined.
- Fold in 1 cup m&ms and 2 cups crushed pretzels.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread with a spatula or your fingers. Flatten evenly. Sprinkle remaining candies and pretzels on top and lightly press into the dough.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Supplies to Help Make these Recipes:
- Wilton 24 Cavity Pumpkin Silicon Mold
- Individual Brownie Bar Pan, 24 cavities
- Mini Loaf Pan, 8 cavities
- Classic Round Waffle Maker
- 6 inch Bamboo Skewers, 100 ct
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers, 12 oz.
- Washburn Dad’s Wrapped Root Beer Barrels, 2 lbs.
See all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals