Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- Handful Spaghetti Noodles ($.25-$.50, depending if you buy bulk or not!)
- 15-20 Basil Leaves (free from Basil plant)
- Handful pine nuts ($1)
- 1-2 T olive oil ($.10)
- Pint of Grape Tomatoes, cut in half ($2.39)
- Parmesan Cheese ($.50)
- 2-3 Broccoli Heads ($.50-$.75 this week at Kroger!!!)
- In mini food processor, mix basil, pine nuts, EVOO and puree into pesto.
- Boil spaghetti noodles. Drain. Put back into pot or a skillet and add pesto sauce. Add halved tomatoes and mix and cook together a few minutes. Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
- Steam broccoli in microwave or steamer.