Oh my drool fest. I don’t get fancy too often, but when I do…I go big. Like with this Pear Marscapone Crostada!
This is a divine autumn dessert. Or breakfast. Or midnight snack.
Go big or go home my friend!
Pear Mascarpone Crostata
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 30 minutes (+30 min in the fridge)
Cooking Time – 38 minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- zest of one lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- non-stick spray or butter for greasing pan
- extra flour for rolling
- Optional special equipment – pie weights
- 2 pears
- 2 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 16 oz. mascarpone
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In large bowl, combine sugar, butter, lemon juice, vanilla, and egg. Cream together until well blended.
- Add flour, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt. Mix well until soft dough ball forms.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 10 inch tart pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- On floured surface, roll out dough until it is approximately 12 inches in diameter.
- Use spatula to carefully fold dough into quarters. This will make it easier to move the dough to the tart pan. Move dough to the tart pan.
- In tart pan, unfold dough and press into the pan and up the edges.
- Place parchment over the crust and add pie weights. (This step is optional. If you don’t have pie weights, proceed to next step.)
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
- While crust is cooking, slice pears thinly. Coat all pear slices in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- In mixing bowl, combine mascarpone, honey, sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix well until sugar is completely dissolved and you can’t see any granules.
- Remove pie weights and parchment paper from crust. Add filling to the crust.
- Layer pear slices over the filling in a circular pattern.
- Bake 375 for 30 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely before serving. Store any leftovers covered tightly in the refrigerator.