Because I spent most of the day running around with my brain in one room and my body in the other room (seriously, preparing to leave for just a few days is a MAJOR ordeal…can I get an AMEN!?!), I needed a quick one pot dinner that each of us could eat with a bowl and spoon.Â Sensing my desperation here!
- 16 oz. rotini pasta ($.95)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced ($1.72) Used $1 off coupon when on sale a few weeks back
- 1 summer squash ($.67)
- 1 zucchini squash ($.67)
- about 1 cup grape tomates ($.49) On sale for $1.48/pint last week
- Handful of sugar snap peas (free from the garden)
- 2 Tbsp butter ($.10)
- 2 Tbsp flour ($.05)
- 2-3 cups milk ($.30)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar ($.05)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large saucepan, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain in colander. Do NOT return to saucepan!While pasta is cooking, dice the chicken breasts and cut the zucchini, squash, grape tomatoes and snap peas.