Delicious pasta dish loaded with diced chicken, zucchini, squash, carrots, broccoli, garden fresh tomatoes…tossed in a Parmesan cheese sauce!
Chicken Pasta Primavera
Servings: 6 persons
- 1 box piccolini farfalle pasta ($.50) On sale for $1 matched with $.50 coupon!
- 2 chicken breasts, diced ($1.76) Bought on sale with coupon!
- 1 tsp olive oil ($.03)
- 1 medium zucchini squash, cut into circles ($.53) Bought 50% off from farmer's market!
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into circles ($.46) Bought 50% off from farmer's market!
- 1/4 small yellow onion, chopped ($.05)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets ($.46)
- 2 carrot sticks, peeled and chopped ($.20)
- 5 small tomatoes, seeded and diced (from the garden)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed ($.10)
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine ($.30)
- 3 Tbsp flour ($.10)
- 2 cups milk ($.25)
- 3-4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese ($.25)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In medium saucepan, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and add to large serving bowl.
- In large skillet, saute diced chicken in olive oil and salt and pepper for 6-8 minutes, stirring often. Once chicken has cooked through, transfer to plate.
Note: This made a LOT of pasta…will easily feed us all for lunch tomorrow…and possible beyond!