Can we talk for a minute about naan?
I kinda love naan. And I don’t cook with it nearly enough.
Maybe that’s because it’s like the Thin Mint cookies of bread, or something. Like, I take one bite and I can’t stop eating it. Just like I eat one Thin Mint and next thing I know, the entire sleeve is missing and I’m debating whether or not to run a half marathon to burn off the calories. Or just go sit on the couch and ‘ooze’ mint for a few hours.
But naan…it’s so soft and smooth and delicious. And so soft. Oooh, it’s so soft and just melts in your mouth.
Which is precisely why it makes the perfect base for a pizza. And in this case, a Mediterranean flavored pizza.
Get in mah belly…
P.S. This hummus is delicious, but you can always pick up a store bought container. My store usually has a few varieties and brands and one of them is generally on sale!
Naan Pizza with Olives & Feta
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, diced (split into ¼ cup + ¼ cup, as directed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste (or peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 drop liquid hickory smoke
- 15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained
- salt to taste
- 8 pieces of naan (8 inch round or hand-sized would be perfect) (Or make your own naan here.)
- 1 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 cup green olives, chopped
- 8 oz chunk style feta, crumbled
- Heat griddle or frying pan to medium high heat and brush with butter.
- Place naan in the pan and heat 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and cover with towel. Heat all naan pieces, cover, and set aside.
- In food processor, blend ¼ cup peppers, lemon juice, and tahini until smooth and slightly whipped.
- Add garlic, oil, paprika, liquid smoke, and chickpeas. Pulse until smooth scraping down sides every minute, making a smooth hummus.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and mix in remaining ¼ cup of red peppers. Set aside.
- Spread hummus onto each naan bread. Top with both kinds of olives and feta.
- Serve Naan Pizza with side of fresh veggies. (I ended up eating with baby carrots and dipping them in the extra hummus!)