I adore the flavors of Greece – lemon, olives, oregano, garlic. It’s such a fresh and healthful combination…and easy to work with when you’re on a tight food budget. These are super common ingredients, that are also budget friendly, and with the right combo and ratio, they make for a great marinade or base for a Greek-inspired meal.
Toss in some fresh olives and crumbled Feta cheese and we’re basically at a table, in the middle of a scene in the My Big Fat Greek Wedding family’s restaurant. (I adore that movie! Windex, anyone?!)
This chicken is simple, but delightful. Fresh and healthful and it won’t break the bank either!
Please note that I’ve got the slow cooker and baked options if you’re using a Multi-Cooker.
If you don’t have a multi-cooker, follow the slow cooker directions in your slow cooker 🙂
Multi-Cooker Greek Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup green olives
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tbsp capers, optional
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Garnish: crumbled feta cheese
- Side ideas: rice and salad
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts, drained diced tomatoes, green olives and capers (optional) in the base of the multi-cooker insert and pour the olive oil sauce over the top.
- SLOW COOKER: Set SLOW COOKER on low and cook for 8 hours.
- BAKED: Set OVEN to 350 F for 55 minutes. Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Cook the rice, for side dish.
- Prepare salad.
- Serve Multi-Cooker Greek Chicken with crumbed feta cheese garnish, over rice with salad.