UPDATE: Our giveaway winner is Teeandra! Congrats!!!
Have you heard about the new “multi-cookers”??!!
Will they be the latest “trend” in cooking and helping busy, stressed out home chefs?!
(Don’t miss the Ninja Multi-Cooker giveaway…info at the end of this recipe!)
Time will tell.
But what I can tell you is this.
I LOVE MINE.
I have a few different models (because it’s sorta my job to understand how all these different appliances work and how they can help you and if they are worth it!) and have been using them for awhile now.
And I’ve fallen hard for them.
Because ONE DISH DINNERS.
I’m passionate about one dish dinners. So much so that I wrote an entire cookbook about them.
Because the dishes and I just don’t get along all that well. I need as little mess as possible.
And when I can cook a complete meal in one dish – one appliance – one multi-cooker insert. I’M ALL IN. ALL IN!!!!!
And that’s why we’re launching a new website – Multi-Cooker Recipes – to help connect you with the best recipes to make in your multi-cooker. And today we’re sharing a popular slow cooker recipe, adapted for the multi-cooker.
It’s pretty straightforward to convert a slow cooker recipe to a multi-cooker recipe, and we’re starting a simple chicken recipe.
But imagine this…brown the ground beef in the multi-cooker insert on saute mode, drain of any fat (if needed), then slow cook in the same multi-cooker insert. WHOA.
NO MORE HAVING TO BROWN GROUND BEEF IN SKILLET. And then transfer to the slow cooker.
I’ve found that my Ninja and my Instant Pot multi-cooker models cook evenly and well. They don’t “run hot” and overcook food, and it’s easy to control the temp on the Saute modes, and the slow cooker function cooks well too. More complete reviews coming soon 🙂
For now, we will share weekly multi-cooker recipes here on $5 Dinners, starting next week. But there are more posted onto the Multi-Cooker Recipes website.
Be sure to check out the Ninja AutoIQ Multi-Cooker unboxing video while you’re there!
Without further ado, the first multi-cooker recipe here on $5 Dinners….
Multi-Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken
From: Multi-Cooker Recipes
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours on slow cook mode
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Side: egg noodles or rice
- Side: fresh veggies
- Place the chicken into the multi-cooker insert. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, chicken stock, Ranch dressing mix and minced garlic. Pour over the chicken. Do NOT add the cream cheese at the start of slow cooking.
- SLOW COOK MODE: Cook on low for 8 hours. With 30 minutes left in the cooking cycle, stir in the cream cheese. Stir it well, then close the lid and let the slow cooking cycle finish.
- Cook the egg noodles or rice, as directed.
- Prepare the salad or veggies.
- Serve Multi-Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken over noodles with side salad, or with rice and veggies.
To celebrate the launch of the new Multi-Cooker Recipes website, we’re celebrating by giving away one of these this week!
(And more giveaways next week!)
This week, we’re giving away 1 of these multi-cookers: Ninja 4-in-1 Cooking System (pictured above)
This adorable appliance has 4 cooking functions – Slow Cook, Saute (low stovetop) and Sear (high stovetop), Bake and Steam.
How to Enter:
- Like Multi-Cooker Recipes on Facebook – Multi-Cooker Recipes on Facebook
- Follow Multi-Cooker Recipes on Instagram – @multicookerrecipe
- Share this post with your friends – FB or email or text or whatever!
Leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each entry below. Max: 3 entries per person.
Giveaway value: $150!
Winner will selected using Random.org on Tuesday, February 6th at 5 pm CST, and will be notified via email. Winner will choose between black, red or stainless/silver model.