Let your Ninja or other multi-cooker take care of dinner for you!
So much delicious flavor packed into this meal. And the multi-cooker will soften the chicken and it will practically “melt” into the cheesy-salsa sauce.
Multi-Cooker Cheesy Salsa Chicken
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup red salsa
- 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning (homemade taco seasoning)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, as garnish
- 1 cup rice, as side dish
- Salad or fresh veggies, as side dish
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of the multi-cooker and pour the red salsa and cream of chicken soup over and around the chicken. Season with taco seasoning. (Note: Do not add the sour cream before slow cooking.)
- SLOW COOKER: Cook on low for 8 hours. With 30 minutes, left in the cooking cycle, stir in the sour cream and let finish cooking.
- BAKE: If you plan to bake this chicken in the multi-cooker, mix the sour cream with the salsa and cream of chicken soup. Then, pour it all over the chicken and bake at 350 F, for 55 to 65 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Once cooked, season with salt and pepper to taste and top with shredded cheese garnish.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Prepare the salad or fresh veggies.
- Serve Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken over rice with salad or veggies.