All the amazing, complementary flavors of Buffalo Wings….in a bowl!!!
This chili is fantastic and easy to control the ‘heat’ by adding more or less red hot pepper sauce. I make it on the milder end and then let Steve add however much hot sauce he can handle 😉
I don’t buy blue cheese alot because it’s on the more expensive end, but this one is a meal that NEEDS it to complete the flavor profile. So don’t skip it! You can use the other blue cheese to make the Beef Blue Bites. Or this delicious Caramelized Onion Brushetta. Or this Pear and Blue Cheese Salad with BACON VINAIGRETTE. <<< is SO GOOD!
And, I’ll leave it at that. Here’s the recipe!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp red hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, as garnish
- Add the oil to the multi-cooker insert and turn on Saute at 350 F. Add chicken and celery; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce and hot pepper sauce; adjust temperature to 400 F and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to 350 F; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and flavors are blended. Top each serving with blue cheese. Add more hot pepper sauce, to taste.
- Serve Multi-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili with Blue Cheese garnish.