Meatloaf and Seasoned Potatoes
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 60 – 90 minutes
- 2 eggs ($.26)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs ($.32)
- 1/4 cup Kraft BBQ sauce ($.22) (plus extra for serving)
- 2 lbs. ground beef (on sale $3.40)
- 5 lbs of potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes (on sale $1.48)
- box of Stove Top Stuffing (savory herbs) ($1.89)
- can Green Giant Corn (on sale $.50)
- can Green Giant Peas ($1.39)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together eggs, breadcrumbs, BBQ sauce, and ground beef.
- Divide this mixture and place in two separate bread pans. Bake for about 90 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve this with a little BBQ sauce poured over the top. (Around 1/2 cup total for all servings will cost .44 cents)
- Put 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a bowl. Add the cubed potatoes.
- To this, add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Mix well.
- Take a cookie sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Place seasoned potatoes on this pan. Spread them out into a single layer (as best you can). Bake this in a 350 degree oven for around 30 minutes, turning once or twice if necessary.
- Follow package directions for stuffing. This cooks for only 5 minutes.
- Heat corn and peas together.
- Serve Meatloaf with seasoned potatoes, stuffing, corn, and peas.
Total Cost – $9.90