Healthy, delicious, inexpensive fast food! When time and ingredients are in short supply and you are hungry, this is great dish. You can leave the peppers out if you don’t have them handy, everything else is a staple that is always on hand at my house
Even my son, who normally dislikes onions and peppers, loves them in this dish (how cool is that?).
Magda's Eggs-cellent Open Faced Sandwiches
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of rye bread (or other bread)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard (I like to use a grainy mustard)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onion and red pepper and saute until the vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the bread.
- When toasted, spread each piece with 2 teaspoons mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon mustard.