Here is a fresh twist on the old staple of pork and apple sauce.
Servings - 6 persons
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white wine or water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange sliced onions, apples and seasonings in an oven proof dish.
- Pour wine or water over the mixture.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan. Brown the pork tenderloins on all sides.
- Arrange the tenderloins on the apple mixture.
- Spoon some apple mixture over the tenderloins.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve slices of pork with the apple mixture.