I stopped in to Kroger last night. I hadn’t been shopping in 2 weeks…and…
- They moved the berries into a brand new case in a new spot in the produce section.
- The eggs have a new packaging.
- I missed the taping of a news segment?!?!?!? Huh???
Apparently, a local news station was in the store on Tuesday…there to tape a shopping segment with me. Um well, I was in Philadelphia…on QVC!
I read ALL emails and had heard NOTHING about such news segment, so I was a bit confused. Asked my publicist if she knew anything about it…nope, NOTHING!
Hhhmmm…How did this get scheduled without my or my publicist’s knowledge? Well, doesn’t that make me look bad?!? Not showing up! Very unlike me!!!
I spoke to the store manager, found out which station and will call today to figure out what is going on!
I’m clueless how this “happened on it’s own”! But I will get to the bottom of it!
Enough with the drama…on to the shopping trip and some shortcuts!
I HAD to get some more chicken, because $1.68/lb is the best price I’ve seen in the last 6 months at least! I grabbed a few boneless, skinless packages, along with a package of wings…because I have a bottle of $.19 Franks Red Hot Sauce waiting for some wings!
How I’m shortcutting freezer cooking this month:
- 1 package – marinated in balsamic and olive oil, then frozen
- 1 package – marinated with Emeril’s Essence and canola oil, then frozen
- 1 package – use for dinner tonight…recipe coming later…
- 1 package of wings – marinated in Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, then frozen
- Whole chicken – Went straight in to the crockpot to make shredded chicken and homemade chicken stock
- Tilapia – marinated in lemon juice, olive oil and dill, then frozen
All – $1.49 after sale and coupons, $1 Pastas, $1 frozen veggies
Free – Softsoap Hand Soap, 2 gallons of milk
Produce – Broccoli, Sweet Potatoes
Meats – 1 Whole Chicken ($.98/lb), 3 packages BS chicken breast, 1 package chicken wings (each $1.68/lb!!!). 3/4 lb fresh tilapia (on sale $3.99/lb.)
Coupons Used – $2/1 All, $2/1 Huggies, $1.50/2 Mini Wheats, $.60/3 (doubled) Green Giant, 2 $.75/1 (doubled) Rice Chex
Manager’s Specials – $.88 Salad for lunch this weekend!
Total spent at Kroger: $64.14 + Last week’s $44 by Steve
Total for the last 2 weeks: $108.14
Total for the month: $227.01 Under Budget…Hooray!!!
Find the coupon match-ups for your grocery store at The Frugal Map!