Lindsay emailed this recipe for a yummy pasta dish that uses cherry or grape tomatoes!
I used the $3.55 Tyson split chicken breasts that I bought this morning.Â I baked them with some seasonings and then cut off all the chicken…gave me 4 cups total!Â Used 2 cups for this recipe and 2 cups went into the freezer! (Read more here about what to do with split chicken breasts.)Â I then took the bones and made chicken broth.Â Good thing it’s a cool, rainy day today…otherwise the kitchen heat might have done me in!
Italian Chicken and Bowtie Pasta
- 1 lb. bow tie pasta ($1) On sale this week!
- 1/4 cup canola oil ($.20)
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half (free from garden)
- 2 cups frozen spinach ($.63)
- 2 cups shredded chicken ($3.55/2) On sale plus coupon this week!
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning (free) McCormicks grinders on sale for $1, used $.50 coupon doubled!
- Salt, pepper, and chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- Green Beans (free from the garden) Picked yet another batch this morning!
- In medium saucepan, cook pasta noodles according to package instructions. Drain pasta.