January is hormonal weather month in Texas. When we lived in Ohio, the hormonal weather months were April and October. Down south, it’s January…and December, this past year too. While it’s easy to manage the “what to wear” with a quick glance at the weather channel app on my phone each morning, the planning of meals part is tough.
Take this morning for example. It was 40 degrees when I went for my run. I really want soup or stew for dinner. But come 5 pm, we’re all sweating in the 80 degree weather from running around the cul de sac all afternoon. So my plans and desires for cozy homemade soup and warm homemade rolls are no more, and all I want for dinner is a light pasta salad and cool, refreshing smoothies.
We’ll see if the weather behaves and cooperates with my plan for cozy, warm your tummy meals!
Figured out what meals you want to make…now find the best deals by searching in the Favado app to determine which store has the best price on ingredients (mainly meats and vegetables)? Use the app to get the most bang for your grocery buck!
Or spin the table and search the Favado app before making your meal plan, then plan your meals based on your family’s favorite ingredients that are on sale!
Our Family’s Meal Plan
- Scrambled Eggs, sausage
- Cereal or oatmeal
- Weekend – Waffles, bacon and fruit
- Boys – Muffins, turkey or HB egg, fruit and baby carrots
- Erin – Salad or soup, chips and guac, leftovers
- Steve – Sandwiches, apple, chips
- Slow Cooker Curry Chicken & Sweet Potatoes (this one is one of our family’s faves…I find myself making it at least twice a month!)
- Beef Stew
- Tacos with Ranchero Chicken Meat, rice and beans on side
- Spaghetti with Chunky Sauce
- Homemade Chicken & Rice Soup
- Dessert – Salted Caramel Brownie Parfaits (recipe coming Friday!)