Well, my surprise win has really forced me to quickly rethink my new year’s resolutions and goals for 2009!
My original resolution: To spend less than $300 each month on groceries and diapers…using the CASH only system. I found that when I used cash in December, I paid much more attention to what I put into my grocery cart…as I didn’t want to come up short on cash come time to pay.
My new resolution (now that all my groceries are paid for!!!): To spend $50-60 aย week on groceries using cash only system at Trader Joes or Kroger. Why? Well, I’m not sure that Walmart carries gluten free, casein free, soy free products. I will soon find out! If not, then I will need some extra cash each month to buy rice milk and other GFCFSF flour mixes and other products for the boys. (I do plan to stick to the $300 total food budget, so will aim for $250/month at Walmart.)
Goals for $5 Dinners
1. To inspire you all on your own frugal journeys.
2. To be creative and resourceful in the kitchen.
3. To continue spreading the word about the site (HINT: Tell your friends!!!)
Financial Goals for 2009
1. Buy a minivan with cash.
2. Make one extra payment this year on our mortgage.
3. Be wise in the way I spend my prize money.
4. Give at least 10% of my prize money by purchasing different items for different charities.
I would LOVE to hear what your resolutions and goals are for 2009!