I am on a grilled pizza roll!
I love the stuff. The kids love the stuff. We just can’t get enough!!
(I’ve got gluten free crust to make for Tyler and then freeze the extras for him to eat for lunch.)
This week’s Friday Night Bite is all about the grilled pizza pockets.
Making your own pizza pockets…then cooking them on the grill.
Make a homemade crust, or use a store bought crust. Whatever suits your fancy.
Add a dollop of pizza or spaghetti sauce. Whatever suits your fancy.
Add a few “toppings”…would these be “inner-ings,” since they are not going on top?!
Add some cheese. Any variety will do. (Mozz and Parm for us…and dairy free for the littles.) Whatever suits your fancy.
Fold and pinch, pinch, pinch.
Place the pizza pockets on the top deck of your grill (if you have one), or on the side part of your grill...away from the direct heat/flame.Â Grill for 8-10 minutes, or until the crust has cooked through.
(Warning…if you cook these over the direct heat, the bottom will burn.)
I pinched well. And hard. But they still popped open some as they cooked. But whatever…the important thing is that they were amazing…and there were no leftovers!
(That one kind of looks like it’s smiling at us, huh?!)
(I think it’s pleading with us to not be eaten. It lost it’s case.)
Grilled Pizza Pockets
- 1 batch homemade crust or store bought crust ($1)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce ($.25)
- Toppings - pepperoni, sausage, olives, green peppers, onions, mushrooms...whatever! ($1.50)
- 1-2 cups cheese, any variety - recommend mozzarella and Parm or pizza blend ($.67-$1.25)
- Fresh fruit, as side item ($.50-$1)
- Divide the crust dough into 8 small balls. Roll it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Add a dollop of sauce to each, along with whatever toppings.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top, then fold the dough over the toppings and pinch the edges together.
- Grill over indirect heat for 8-10 minutes, or until the dough has cooked through and cheese has melted.
- Serve Grilled Pizza Pockets along with fresh fruit, or carrot sticks...or whatever else you like!