Update ***: Giveaway Closed! Winner announced shortly…
Laurel, Angela B, Jen B, Crissie, April V
Planning on grilling this July 4th weekend…well, Sara Lee is here to save the day!
Let Sara Lee provide the buns to your July 4th BBQ!!!
5 lucky readers will win receive 1 package each of Sara Lee Wheat Hot Dog and Hamburger Buns!
Can’t figure out what to do with those leftover buns (because inevitably there are a few leftovers!)…
Sara Lee Chef Catherine DeOrio has incorporated Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Wheat Buns Made with Whole Grain into a variety of tips and ideas for any eating occasion:
Breakfast – French Toast Sticks
• Cut Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Wheat Hot Dog Buns Made with Whole Grain into quarters and then cut each piece in half along the perforated edge
• Dip in a vanilla egg custard and pan fry
Appetizer/Snack – Bruschetta
• Cut Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Wheat Hot Dog Buns Made with Whole Grain in half along the perforated edge
• Baste with olive oil and minced garlic and bake
• Top with diced tomatoes and basil
Lunch/Dinner – Mini Homemade Pizzas
• Use each half of Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Wheat Hamburger Buns Made with Whole Grain as the crust to your pizza
• Spread pizza sauce and sprinkle with oregano
• Top with mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted
Dessert – Summer Pudding
• Make a berry compote using blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
• Layer Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Wheat Hamburger Buns Made with Whole Grain and the berry compote in a glass bowl
• Refrigerate until the juices from the berry compote have saturated the bread
1. Contest ends Tuesday, June 30th at 5 pm EST. Winners will be announced back here on this post, and notified via email. Winners MUST replay within 24 hours so we can ensure delivery of your buns before Saturday!!!
2. Entry #1: Leave a comment just saying you want to win.
3. Entry #2: Leave a SEPARATE comment telling me in what way you promoted this contest (i.e., posting it in a forum, posting about it on your blog, Tweet about it, emailing all your friends, and/or subscribe to my feed by email or in a reader).
4. Entry #3: In another separate comment, let me know your most creative use of leftover bread or buns!
5. Winner will be selected by Random.org.
**NOTE: If you receive the email newsletter and wish to enter this giveaway, click on the title of this giveaway to get to the site and leave a comment on the site with your name and email address to be entered!