Frittatas seem to be another popular Paleo type of recipe. Reason being, they are naturally free of grains (usually!) and you can throw just about any kind of veggies in with the eggs and you’ve got a delicious meal.
I’ve made frittatas with Sweet Potato & Zucchini, with Bacon, “Lettuce” and Tomato. Frittatas are so versatile and so delicious. And super easy to adapt to Paleo…just use coconut milk in place of regular milk, to help thin out the eggs some. And omit any cheese ‘topping.’
Plus, ‘brinner’ or ‘brupper’ is such an easy weeknight meal.
And when we’re talking about Paleo, this might be as cheap as it gets!
- Couple eggs
- Couple seasonal veggies
- A splash of coconut milk
In this case, the caramelized onions kick up the flavor. A touch of sweetness to go with the broccoli makes this frittata amazing!
Boom, done. Really delicious and budget-friendly Paleo dinner, lunch, breakfast, brinner or brupper.
Frittata with Broccoli & Caramelized Onions
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 1 medium white onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 small broccoli heads (or about 10 oz. frozen broccoli)
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Add the onion slices to skillet with the olive oil and honey. Saute over medium low heat, stirring often for about 30 minutes, or until brown and caramelized.
- Chop up the fresh broccoli and steam the broccoli for 3-4 minutes. If using frozen broccoli, cook as directed and drain well/pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly spray a quiche dish or 8×8-inch glass baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Add a couple pinchfuls of salt and pepper.
- Add the caramelized onions and steamed/cooked broccoli to the baking dish and pour the egg mixture over the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until eggs are set in the middle.
- Serve Frittata with Broccoli & Caramelized Onions with some fresh fruit.