Ever heard of wanting to face plant into your dinner? Apparently it’s a ‘thing’ and this is the kind of meal that makes me want to plant my face right into the bowl. Because YUM. LOL
I love the contradictions that happen with this soup. Like, it’s soft but chunky. The sour cream and milk give it a soft consistency, but the beans and shredded chicken make it chunky. It’s smooth but spicy – same story with the sour cream contradicting the spice from the green chilies. It’s these contradictions that make for a perfect bowl of soup!
I’ve got the freezer meal instructions written for you at the end of the recipe…be sure to read them carefully if you plan on getting this meal added to your freezer. 🙂
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Adapted from: White Bean Chicken Chili
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 4 hours
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 4 oz. can green chilies, drained
- 4 cups chicken stock, broth or bouillon equivalent
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 – 15 oz. cans Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- Salad, as side dish
- In your slow cooker, add the chicken breasts, onion, green chilies, stock, ground cumin, salt and pepper, and Great Northern white beans. (Do NOT add the sour cream and milk when you start the slow cooker.)
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 – 8 hours. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken.
- Immediately before serving, stir in the sour cream and cream/milk.
- Prepare fresh veggies.
- Serve White Chicken Chili with side of fresh veggies.
To freeze ahead, add the chicken, onion, chilies, chicken stock, cumin, and salt and pepper, and beans to a gallon freezer bag. Put baggie in the freezer and freeze up to 6 months in fridge freezer or 12 months in a deep freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or a warm bowl of water for about 20 minutes, before transferring to the slow cooker and cooking as directed above. Add the sour cream and cream/milk just before serving.
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals