Confession…I had to talk with my husband about these 2 cool products before I really understood what they did! He’s the real techie in the family and he’s thrilled about these guys!
As our children get older, weI worry about all the things that they could accidentally stumble upon when online. We are looking at this router as “another layer” of protection and monitoring for our home computer and my laptop. My oldest is extremely computer savvy (not sure where he gets that ;), and we err on the side of caution with parental controls, etc. these days. While we will continue to instill integrity and smart decision making in our boys, we also want to protect them at the same time.
And the camera…that’s for anyone who tries to rob us 😉 I’ve always been amazed at the stories you hear on the news about police catching thieves using footage from computer cameras…so these could actually be helpful. For that, and for partying teenagers too 😉 No really, we would use it in situations where we were suspicious of something…animals getting into trash cans, critters eating up my garden, etc.
A little more specific info for you…
The D-Link Cloud Router 2000 (DIR-826L) lets you monitor your home network from anywhere on your iPhone, iPad or Android device using the free mydlink app. You can see websites that are being visited, block unwanted devices and receive automatic email alerts when unauthorized outside connections are attempted. Also, you can easily create, manage, and secure a home network, which is ideal for both homes and offices that need high speed connections for multiple devices. It also acts as a wireless booster. It’s a powerful tool that could be used in any home or home office!
The mydlink-enabled Wireless N Network Camera (DCS-930L) comes with everything you need to quickly add a surveillance camera to your home or small office network. It works right out of the box.
- Easily view & manage your camera from mydlink.com
- Sleek and compact design that fits in the smallest corners of your home
- Wireless connectivity
- Ready to use in 3 simple steps
- Works with the mydlink iPhone and Android app for on the go viewing
This week we’re giving away 1 D-Link Network Camera and 1 D-Link Cloud Router to 1 lucky winner!
1. Contest ends Monday, August 6th at 3 pm EST. Winners will be announced back here on this post, and notified via email with further instructions.
- Entry #1: Leave a comment sharing how you think these products would be useful in your home/office.
- Entry #2: Find more great ideas and inspiration on the $5 Dinners Pinterest boards.
- Entry #3: Tweet the following: Enter to win a Cloud Router and Network Camera from @5dollardinners! http://bit.ly/dlinkgive #wingiveaways
- Entry #4: Hang out with us on Facebook.
- Entry #5: Join our free email newsletter, or get RSS updates in your feed reader.
2. Please leave separate comments for each entry. Winner will be selected by Random.org.
These lovely blogs are joining me this week…also offering this giveaway! Feel free to hop on over to their sites and enter their giveaway.
- Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Bargain Babe
- Bargain Briana
- Frugal Coupon Living
- Mommies with Style
- Moms Need to Know
- Passion for Savings
- Saving Cents with Sense
- Savings Lifestyle
- Southern Savers
- Stretching a Buck
*Disclosure: I did receive both of these products. We will put them to good use in our new home in TX. Thoughts and opinions are my own.