As the first few months of the school year have passed, I have gotten into a school lunch rut. I was starting to pack my 1st grader a peanut butter & honey sandwich everyday! Then a little leftover pasta inspired me to create a new, quick dish for school & work lunches.
This is isÂ versatileÂ and can be changed to use up a variety of leftovers. You could substitute leftover rice or add leftover chicken/tuna or beans. You could even challenge an older child to create his own creation using up already in the fridge. Here’s to breaking the school lunch rut!
Dana's Easy Pasta Salad
- 1 cup of leftover cooked pasta
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed vegetables (or leftover cooked or raw vegetables)
- 1 oz cheese, cubed (orsubstitute2 oz cooked chicken or tuna or 1/4 cup cooked beans)
- 2 tbsp oil based salad dressing (such as Italian orBalsamic)
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Pack with a piece of fruit and whole grain crackers.
- Keep cool until lunchtime.