Servings - 4 persons
- 1.5 lb pork ribs ($1.98) Manager's Special
- 1/4 - 1/2 bottle favorite BBQ sauce ($.50)
- 1 onion ($.40)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed ($.03)
- 8-10 small potatoes (about 2-3 lbs) ($.80)
- 1/2 - 1 cup milk ($.13), I used rice milk
- 2-3 Tbsp butter or olive oil ($.20) See GFCFSF mashed potato recipe here
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- 2 large broccoli heads ($1) Price matched from Kroger
- Place 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place ribs on top of BBQ sauce. Sprinkle chopped onion and crushed garlic around and on top of ribs. Pour 1 cup or so of BBQ sauce over ribs. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Peel and cut potatoes into quarters. Boil for 10-15 minutes, until soft. Strain water and place in bowl. Add milk and butter/olive oil. Mash. Add salt and pepper to taste. Could also mix in crushed garlic, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, whatever you like!
- Steam broccoli in steamer.
- Serve ribs with mashed potatoes and broccoli.