When I got my Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker, I also got a few recipes to try out…and this is one of them. I made a few slight modifications…mainly, I used tomatoes from the garden and added in some chopped mini-onions from the garden as well.
Chicken Rigatoni al Fresco
- About 2/3 cup chopped onion (from the garden)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped ($.10)
- 6-8 small tomatoes (from the garden)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced ($2.11)
- 3 cups of rigatoni pasta ($.40) I used less than a box of my $.50 Barilla pasta from the past 2 weeks!
- 2 1/2 cups homemade chicken broth (free!)
- Handful fresh basil and parsley (from the garden)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to garnish ($.25)
- 1 bag Ruby Red salad mix ($.59) Marked down...more on my salad ordeal...err, deal tomorrow!
- 2 tomatoes (from the garden)
- Italian dressing ($.05) Bought today with sale, store promo and coupon! Details tomorrow!
- Spray deep covered baker with cooking spray. Place chopped onion, garlic and tomatoes into base of cooker. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes.