If you’re interested in a throwing party for your taste buds, try these.
I used a tart granny smith apple…because I wanted the tart flavor, but I think a sweeter variety could work with these too.
Bacon + cheese + apple + garlic rosemary spread + pretzel bun.
Excuse me while I head back in for the taste bud party.
Did someone say bacon?! On a pretzel bun?!
These are a fantastic Fall appetizer, or would make a delicious lunch or even dinner!
(Oh, and I won’t judge you if a few of the pretzel rolls go missing from the bag on the way home from the grocery store. They are my weakness. Big time.)
Cheddar Apple Bacon Bites with Rosemary Dressing
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 6 minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 6 slices bacon, baked and cut in half
- 2 pretzel buns, split
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, sliced very thin
- 4 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Stir and set aside. (This dressing can be made a few days in advance and kept in a sealed container in the refrigerator.)
- Cut each bun into thirds. This will create 3 tops and 3 bottoms per bun. So now you have a total of 12 pieces from the two buns.
- Spread dressing liberally over each bread piece. Set aside any remaining dressing.
- Lay the bread with dressing side up on foiled lined baking sheet.
- Onto each slice of bread layer bacon, apple, and cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 4 – 6 minutes or until bread edges are slightly brown.
- Serve immediately with remaining dressing.