I first had the idea to make this dinner after seeing it on Brandy’s site awhile back. But we can’t do canned soups, so I made it from scratch.
Here you go.
- About 1 lb. steak, cubed ($2.67) On sale for $2.69/lb.
- 1 Tbsp oil ($.05)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine ($.30) I used dairy free margarine
- 3 Tbsp flour ($.05)
- 3 cups milk ($.30) I used rice milk
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce ($.10)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms ($.50) On sale at Walgreens this week!
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 bag of no-yolk noodles ($.41) On sale for $1.82 and matched a $1 coupon! Just $.82 for the bag!!!
- 2 large heads of broccoli ($.79)
- Add the steak, cut into cubes, to a large skillet with the oil and some salt and pepper. Brown.