I’m not quite sure what happened to May. I swear we were just getting started with the month. And here we are almost halfway through June.
I have barely been able to keep up with myself these last few weeks. I’ve been in Texas (twice…one weekend for my sister’s bridal shower and bachelorette party, and another weekend for her wedding), in Atlanta for a conference, and in New York for a cameo appearance on The View.
I had to push the pause button on working on my One Dish Dinners cookbook manuscript…and the “play button” is being pushed again this week. All as part of operation “get my act back together” after being away so much. In addition to working on and testing recipes for the ODD book, I’ve also got to replenish my supply of snacks and goodies for Tyler. He is doing wonderfully on the gluten free dairy free soy free diet (GFCFSF), so I plan to keep him on that until the pediatrician says otherwise. It works best to have homemade convenience foods in the freezer, ready to go for him…and definitely cheaper too! Even buying a box mix and making it is cheaper than buying them already made!
I’ve also got quite a bit of kale and swiss chard in the garden that is in need of harvesting…so most of our dinner meals this week will include kale and swiss chard. (That being said, I don’t plan to spend too much money at the store this week!)
If the meals turn out, I’ll share recipes soon!
So here’s my plan for this week:
- Work on 10 recipes for the ODD Cookbook
- GFCFSF brownies – using box mix with soy free margarine
- GFCFSF bread – using Bob Red Mill’s GF Hearty Whole Grain Bread mix
- GFCFSF pizza – using frozen crust with dairy and soy free cheese that’s in my freezer
- Banana muffins for the other boys
- Spaghetti Sauce and Taco Meat
- Slow cook the whole chicken from the farmer’s market – 3 meals worth chicken meat & freeze chicken stock
- Use up kale and Swiss chard – Kale Lasagna; Pasta with Kale, Parmesan and Lemon; Skillet Macaroni with Swiss Chard
Are you doing any batch cooking this week?! What’s your cooking plan for this week!?