Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 60 minutes
- Two Boxes of Prince Ziti (1 lb. packages at 99 cents each)
- One pound of ground beef (on sale for $1.99)
- One Jar of Prego Pasta Sauce (26 – 28 oz. on sale for $1.50)
- One 8 oz. Bag of Shredded cheese mix -Mozzarella and cheddar ($1.89)
- Oregano (optional)
- Prepare Pasta as directed on box. Start frying the ground beef. When both are cooked, drain pasta, then return it to its pan.
- To this, add sauce and beef. Mix together.
- I use a rectangular, glass, lasagna pan. There is no need to grease this first. Just carefully pour the pasta-mixture into the pan and spread it out to fit. It will overflow if you are not careful.
- Once you have this all set in the pan, top with cheese, as if you were making pizza. (You can also sprinkle oregano over this is you would like.)
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for around 20 – 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Total cost – $7.36
Bonus – I was able to find a package of red, seedless grapes on sale for $2.00. I served this in a decorative bowl at the table, along with our pasta.
Leftovers anyone? – This provided good size portions for all of us. It also makes a good leftover meal. Sometimes, I will prepare this in the morning, wrap it up with aluminum foil, and store it in the fridge. My teens and husband can help themselves for a few days, when no one has time to cook, or when they just want a late night meal.