Bacon and Tomato Omelets
Servings: 4 persons
- 1 dozen eggs ($1.25)
- 1/2 cup milk ($.10)
- 1 large tomato, diced ($.75)
- 1/2 package bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces ($1.12)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheese, shredded ($.84)
- Melon or other fruit ($.75)
- Cook bacon in microwave or skillet until crispy.
- Whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper in large bowl. Heat small omelet skillet on high. Coat with a little oil or baking spray. Pour in egg mixture. Let cook a minute or two. Add tomato, bacon pieces and handful of cheese. Fold eggs over and let cook through.
- Repeat to make one for all your "eaters"! My husband can do these beautifully, but mine usually ended up as scrambled eggs with bacon and tomatoes!