So I made these a few weeks ago…and I’m so sorry it took me so long to get them posted. I used 2 of the smaller peppers from my garden, along with some of my cherry-like tomatoes.
And avocados. *swoon*
And I think these would be just as great with ground beef or ground turkey tacos. Love the different flavor and texture that the avocado chunks brought to these tacos!
Avocado Chicken Tacos
- 2 chicken breasts ($1.66)
- 1 heaping Tbsp homemade taco seasoning ($.05)
- 1 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil ($.03)
- 2 small green/red peppers, seeded and diced from the garden
- 2 avocados ($2)
- Handful lettuce ($.25)
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered, from the garden
- Taco Shells ($.69) Sale, store promo and e-coupon
- Frozen corn ($.88)
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes. Toss in a mixing bowl with the taco seasoning. You could certainly use cooked and shredded chicken too.
- In a medium skillet, saute the chicken pieces in oil with the diced peppers.
- Cut the avocado into 1/4-1/2 inch chunks and toss with the cooked chicken and peppers. Place into the taco shells and top with lettuce, and tomatoes. (Optional: Add shredded cheese and/or sour cream.)
- Cook the frozen corn as directed on the package.
- Serve Avocado Chicken Tacos with Corn.