Servings - 4 persons
- 4 Chicken Thighs ($1.89,I got a bunch at Sam's not long ago marked "Price reduced for quick sale". They went straight into my freezer)
- 2 Apples, sliced ($1.49) Apples will be on sale for most of the fall!
- Onion, sliced ($.30)
- 1 cup apple juice ($.20)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash cinnamon ($.10)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice, to prevent browning of apples ($.10)
- 1 cup rice ($.30)
- 2 Broccoli heads ($.50) Broccoli will also be cheaper throughout the fall! Recently on sale at Kroger for $.99 for 4 heads!!!
- Pour Apple Juice into the crock pot. Place chicken into the juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add sliced onion around chicken.
- Slice apples and mix with lemon juice and cinnamon. Place on top of chicken in crockpot. Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Make 1 cup rice with 2 cup water. Bring to boil, and then cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Steam broccoli in steamer or microwave.