I *think* we are almost on a first name basis with the gals at Walgreens pharmacy. I wonder if next time the red van pulls into the drive thru lane, the gal will pick up the phone and say, “Good morning Erin, which kid is it this time?”
In the past week-ish, we’ve been to Walgreens 3 times…once for the baby with his 2nd ear infection in a month, he gets the Augmentin. And Singulair, as this is also his 4th sinus infection in his first year of life. (Something isn’t working in his sinuses correctly! We are exploring preventative treatments. And have already cut out Top 8 allergens from his diet! And perhaps he just needs to have his adenoids out like all of his older brothers had done. Hhmmmm.)
Once for the preschooler, whose cold he caught on the last day of school before break turned into a raging sinus infection…lotting him the Amoxicillin.
And because I needed to add insult to the medication frenzy, the oldest needed some Demerol concoction for a procedure at the dentist…an appointment that I really should have rescheduled.
We are all healthy again, breathing properly through our noses. At least until one of them catches something from somewhere. Then the cycle begins again.
“They won’t share their toys, but they will share their germs.” ~ Our pediatrician in OH #wellsaid
But really, this is all the more reason to have a meal plan. To take the 5-10 minutes to write down some recipes or meals to make that week…makes the busy, hectic days feels just a few ounces less stressful than they could have been.
Below is what we’re dining on this week…at the very least, this is the plan. And note, that I’ve added Baked Greek Chicken again this week, as we didn’t get to it last week. I ended up dropping the chicken breasts in the slow cooker with some spices to make shredded chicken for the nachos and another meal. More details on that soon.
Figured out what meals you want to make…now find the best deals by searching in the Favado app to determine which store has the best price on ingredients (mainly meats and vegetables)? Use the app to get the most bang for your grocery buck!
Or spin the table and search the Favado app before making your meal plan, then plan your meals based on your family’s favorite ingredients that are on sale!
And there a some really great coupons available now that I’ve used this past week…I’ve linked them below in the plan!
Our Family’s Meal Plan
- Chex cereal (coupons here), granola for Steve (coupon here), bananas
- Weekend: Pancakes and sausage (coupon here); Scrambled eggs and bacon (coupon here) and biscuits (coupon here), fruit
- Soups (coupon here) and salads for Erin
- Sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, baby carrots, granola bars (coupon here)
I have GOBS of sweet potatoes to use up this week. And a slew of potatoes as well. I might never want to eat potatoes again after this week. Actually, I might end up doing a huge “Sweet Potato Bake” and then mash them up and freeze them so they don’t go to waste. Hmm.
- Slow Cooker Maple Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken with Potatoes & Carrots
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas (I have corn tortillas and shredded cheese in the freezer!)
- First BIRTHDAY DINNER – TBD. Yes, This happened a year ago. I could cry.
- Orange Glazed Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes – recipe coming soon!
- Baked Greek Chicken – recipe coming soon!