The deliciousness of the recipe is my 2nd favorite thing about it! Mostly I love that so many of the items can be substituted. Such as the crust; I used crushed cornflakes some fried onions & parmesan cheese. Â You can use panko, bread crumbs, crushed funions, whatever you have! For the cream cheese mix, I had garlic salt, pepper, onions and basil leaves. You can use whatever is tasty. Parsley, diced garlic, other spices you like… It’s endless. Just the basic directions are the same! Â PS: My husband took 1 bite and told me to add this to my normal rotation. I’d say that’s a win.
Angie's Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp chopped basil (or parsley, or bay leaves)
- 2 Tbsp onion, minced or powder
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup topping (cornflakes, panko, bread crumbs, etc)
- Pound chicken breasts thin between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Stir together items 2 through 7 (cream cheese through pepper) to make a cream cheese mixture.
- Slather the cream cheese mixture onto each chicken piece and roll up tightly.
- Coat the chicken rolls in flour, dip in egg, then roll in topping.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a skillet and brown the chicken rolls on each side on medium, then transfer to an oven safe dish.
- Bake at 350 for 3o minutes or until no longer pink.